In the application, for areas that aren’t applicable for showcase, type N/A
Individuals (including skilled, upper level volunteers and fosters of Heart of Phoenix) can apply to showcase a horse during the 3 day event in Late Mid August of 2023.
Professionals, Amateur Trainers and very good horsemen and women can apply for this option.
Approved individuals do not need to be trainers; however, many that opt to do this are trainers. You do need to be skilled and an solid intermediate level rider and handler.
This option doesn’t require as much time as the competition. It also allows the individual to select their horse outside of the name drawing order. You are not judged against anyone else. You can select a horse already well undersaddle to work with.
So, what is this Showcase?
Showcase horses will go out with FOSTER TRAINERS, and they will have fees set early on, so the goal is you will market YOUR SHOWCASE horse from initial pickup for adoption and see them adopted before the ATFO event.
Trainers will set the adoption fees and receive 50% of the fees, but wait, there is more. . .
All adopted showcase horses have the ability and be HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to come to the ATFO with their adopter and COMPETE in a special SHOWCASE only class with their adopter, and BOTH the trainer and the adopter of the winning horse (judging with be a combination of how well horse and rider suit each other, training of the horse and condition of the horse) will receive a substantial CASH prize!
If not adopted, Showcase horses will not go through the auction, but trainers can keep them, bring them to the ATFO, showcase them in classes with a fee set until adoption, if they wish, meeting possible adopters there at the event.
Who can do the Showcase?
You just need to be solid horse people who care and want to give a horse a chance to shine and get a home! You can be a trainer who doesn’t want to compete or just a savvy horseman or woman to do this! You can already be a foster and use your current HOP horse, too! This is a way for kids to take part, too!
Any kid aged 12 and up who has a trainer or solid adult horse person overseeing them in a barn with general liability insurance can take part with a suitable horse if they meet the horse and the skill sets match up, especially if they are interested in taking on a youngster for in hand work! The horses kids will select from will already be undersaddle or in hand horses.
So What are all the Details?
- Any Heart of Phoenix Horse in the rescue from now through July 1st can be selected to be a showcase horse.
- Any qualified horse person may decide to showcase / foster one of these horses
- The foster showcasing the horse will agree to take videos, photos, have access to Showcase Team shirts for sales, share frequent updates similar to what ATFO trainers share and write up descriptions of their horse to help the horse find a home.
- The foster of a showcase horse may attend the Fun Show with their HOP horse if not adopted prior and take the horses in Fun show classes. All fees are waived for the classes. This is just so adopters can see your horse in action.
- The foster has the option, if they covered all basic care costs while working with horse, to 50% of any adoption fee
So, what horses can be a Showcase horse?
Some of the horses to select from are horses that, for one reason or other, were not good candidates for the ATFO.
Then some may have minor limitations, may be under age 3 (so unable to be started, but they can be presented in hand) or may be over age 15 (which is the cut off for ATFO horses).