2020 ADOPTION PACKET for Bidding Approved Adopters
- You will receive an auction number in the office if you are bidding on site. Please use this when you bid. If you need a Proxy, he/she will get that number for you.
- (If Bidding By Proxy, please text 304-784-4061 to be assigned a Proxy by WEDNESDAY evening)
- BIDDING this year begins SATURDAY AT 10am via SILENT BID FOR ALL HORSES. All Competition horses and horses with at least two bidders will then transitions to the LIVE AUCTION bid at the amount of the last SILENT AUCTION BID Saturday evening.
- LIVE Bidding will begin following the end of the award ceremony for the ATFO. This will be evening Saturday the 22ND.
- You have been approved to adopt the horse you applied to bid on. If you were interested in multiple horses upon applying, you are approved to bid on any of the horses listed on your application proving you are a skill level fit for the horse. If you have questions about bidding on a horse you did not apply for, please visit the office to discuss this or text Tinia at 304-784-4061
- The ATFO horses are at different skill levels, so please be sure to bid on horses at the appropriate skill level for you. Understand these are green horses and will need continued training moving forward. These are not beginner horses. If you’re a beginner, these horses will not work for you, for the most part. Ideally, you will be planning to put your adopted horse into training or plan to take lessons after adoption, as 100 days horses are green.
- Please take this time to meet and greet the trainers, and do ride and handle the horse you’re interested in if the trainer and horse are free to spend time with you if you are on site. The event is Aug 20-22, so you have time to meet and greet.
- If riding or handling, please do so in the barn arena near the entrance only or in the RV area.
- You must sign the adopter waiver included in this packet and give it to the volunteers in the office. You can sign electronically if you prefer.
- Please be sure you have transport arrangements made before bidding. Your trailers must be suitable and safe. You have 3 days before board of $25 a day applies. This needs arranged prior to bidding. Horses must have a signed adoption agreement before leaving HOP.
- Horses will all be FREEZE BRANDED with HOP’s brand before leaving.
- If you need a Health Certificate, please let us know, and this is a vet fee adopters must cover.
- Fees can be paid to Paypal via friends and family at Equinerescue@live.com or in person via check or cash. Fees must be paid, if person, as soon as auction end. Via Paypal if by Proxy via friends and family. You can also PAY with a CREDIT CARD if you wish through SQUARE or Paypal. Please make sure to add a 3% surcharge if you do this.
- These adoptions are not purchases of horses. You are not buying a horse. Adoptions do not allow you to resale, give away or breed your adopted horse. Adopted horses at this event must be returned to Heart of Phoenix for a refund of this set portion of the fee ($600), regardless of adoption price paid if they cannot stay with you. These terms are outlined in the binding adoption agreement you must sign before adoption finalizes if you’re the winning adopter of any horse. The rest of the fee, if above $600, paid to HOP, if a horse is returned becomes a donation and is fully tax deductible if the horse comes back to us.
- Please be sure you’ve visited horseandridermatch.com and read over the full adoption contract and policies before bidding (the only exception to the terms online is the maximum fee to be refunded on these horses, should a horse be returned, is $600)
Bidding Order of Horses:
WILL BE POSTED ON ADOPTIN AUCTION DAY